The gross domestic product (GDP) of emerging markets will be extremely commodity-intensive in 2011, said Amrita Sen, crude oil analyst at Barclays Capital. The comments were made at the launch of Barclays Capital's Equity Gilt Study for 2011 on January 9.
"EM [emerging markets] GDP is becoming more and more commodity intensive. Metals will be particularly strong, especially aluminium, while energy will prove the laggard, with oil still dominated by the US," said Sen.
Resources haven't been able
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines