China is the world's largest commodities producer, overshadowing both America and Russia in second and third place, but it lacks easy access to some commodities its population badly needs, Jeffrey Currie, the bank's global head of commodities research, said at a conference in London yesterday.
He counselled investors at a Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Global Strategy Conference to "focus on supply-constrained commodities that China is short of. If China and India chase a commodity, and
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?