Morgan Stanley has relocated Kevin O'Reilly to Shanghai from New York to head its China commodities business onshore. O'Reilly will report to Harry Soh, Morgan Stanley's Asia head of commodities, who is based in Singapore.
O'Reilly's appointment comes after the US investment bank received permission from the Chinese authorities to trade physical agricultural products to supplement its existing base metals business in China. The bank trades other commodities with Chinese entities offshore,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?