The number of mining and metals transactions is expected to continue to rise, reflecting strong demand growth, which will lead to more mergers in these sectors, analysts say.
"This reflects that there is growing confidence going forward in terms of demand outlook," says David Wilson, head of metals trading at Société Générale. "If you are a mining company, prices are going to be much stronger going forward, so that would clearly support more and more M&A activity," he adds.
The volume of
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden