Deutsche Bank has hired Gunnar Hoest as a managing director and its new head of commodities for Asia. Hoest, who will join Deutsche Bank in June and relocate from Hong Kong to Singapore, is tasked with expanding the bank’s commodities business in Asia.
This will probably include building up the bank’s physical capabilities, which is a strategic focus for Deutsche at a global level – despite the German bank’s failure to purchase RBS Sempra, which is being snapped up by rival JP Morgan. RBS Sempra
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?