After suffering from several economic and financial crises between 1997 and 2003, Hong Kong's equity market is finally back on track. Although the stock market is booming, the demand for equity-linked products remains strong. According to Cindy Fu, head of investment, wealth management, at Standard Chartered bank in Hong Kong, investors are using structured products to fill in the gaps between long-term investments such as mutual funds and pure cash deposits.
"Investors are looking for
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines