German utility E.ON has acquired a 69% stake in Russian power plant company OGK-4 (Wholesale Generating Company 4) for €4 billion. OGK-4 is one of six large-scale power plant operators in Russia being privatised by the state-run holding company RAO UES.
The shares were put out to tender in a series of auctions, with E.ON beating rival bids from Finnish utility Fortum and a consortium including domestic Russian aluminium company Rusal.
The deal was signed by E.ON CEO Wulf Bernotat, and Anatoly
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?