Rapid growth in the Asian energy derivatives market in recent years has been driven by a surge in over-the-counter (OTC) contracts to meet the region's specific needs. For example, the rising import dependency of Asia's oil consumption, which accounts for around 70% of growth in global demand for oil, has fuelled growth of OTC tanker freight contracts for very large crude carriers (VLCCs) from the Middle East to Asia.
Other developments, such as investments in oil and gas projects, and
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay