The first national budget from India's newly elected government received mixed reactions as some investors claim it had too much focus on rural communities and not enough on economic reform.
The ruling alliance led by the Congress party launched fiscal stimulus measures targeting infrastructure development and welfare for farmers in its budget statement on July 6.
Pranab Mukherjee, India's finance minister, told parliament that his top priority was to return the country to high economic growth
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?