The volatility of commodities prices in recent years has drawn a growing number of participants into the markets. Many of these players - among them a sizeable number of hedge funds and proprietary traders - are familiar with more mature markets that boast electronic trading and efficient processing of deals, and they are looking for the same functionality in the energy, metals and other markets.
However, commodities - and particularly energy - have evolved differently from other markets.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?