The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book aims to tighten holes in the market risk capital framework exposed by the financial crisis, forcing banks to allocate more capital to less liquid risks. Banks are planning wholesale changes to their trading desks to prepare for the new rules – but only those that restructure their operations properly to match will be able to implement the new framework successfully.
We believe FRTB requires a newly invigorated relationship between the front office and
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility