On March 23 this year, Deutsche Essent, the German subsidiary of Dutch energy company Essent, announced a joint venture with BayernG, the Munich-based gas procurement company. From June 1, the new, jointly-owned Novogate company will procure gas for Germany's municipal energy suppliers (Stadtwerke), pending regulatory approval.
It is the latest step in Deutsche Essent's long-term ambitions in the German energy market - a growth story that has seen the Dutch firm try different strategies with
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules