In a speech at the Czech Embassy in London on Wednesday, the governor of the Czech National Bank (CNB) warned that European authorities were losing credibility over their handling of the sovereign debt crisis.
"[Markets] see no will to allow Greece to leave the eurozone and depreciate, but they also see no willingness to support the country sufficiently. The solution to the crisis has already been made unavoidably costly due to past non-credible and unclear communication," said Singer.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules