Pension funds are just as able to go bankrupt as banks and insurers and therefore the largest organisations are a threat to financial stability and need to be added to the list of entities deemed to be "too big to fail", according to the head of the European Commission's (EC) financial institution and financial stability unit.
Speaking at a conference in Frankfurt, Benjamin Angel said in countries such as Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and Ireland, where pension scheme assets represent as much
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants