The May 10 decision by the European Central Bank (ECB) to buy eurozone sovereign bonds to increase liquidity in markets affected by the debt crisis was taken independently of any political pressure, a senior ECB official asserted this morning at the Risk Europe conference in Frankfurt.
"This institution is among the top in the world in keeping our independence far from the pressures of politicians in either direction, in order not to move an inch from our mandate. Nobody should fear going
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay