Assistance from the US government has helped the country's banking industry back into profit, but the improvement hasn't been reflected in increased lending, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
In its latest Quarterly Banking Profile, issued yesterday, the FDIC reports an aggregate net income for the banks it supervises of $914 million in the fourth quarter of 2009, down from $2 billion in the third quarter but still a huge rebound from the $37.3 billion loss the
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay