Despite a last-minute deal on August 2 to lift the debt ceiling in the US, investor confidence has been deeply shaken by the indecision shown by the world's leading economy.
Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China (PBoC), says he welcomes the passing of the Budget Control Act, and that he believes it "marked effort by the US in raising debt limits and reducing budget deficits in the long run". However, he warns the PBoC "would closely observe its implementation".
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance