The growth of the hedge fund industry is hindering risk management and valuation processes and is putting margins under pressure, says a report by the Financial Stability Forum (FSF), issued on May 18.
The report warns that firms could be exposed to a liquidity crunch if hedge funds reduce investment levels. Although indirect risk is difficult to estimate, the FSF says that investors should improve stress tests to estimate their exposure to a drop in market liquidity and asset prices. It calls
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants