Central banks are worried about structured credit. That was the stark message coming from a central banker panel discussion on financial stability and structured products at the Global ABS conference in Barcelona in June.
David Wall of the Bank of England said there are a number of reasons why structured credit is on the BoE's radar. Primarily, the 'originate and distribute' model is a concern. "It means there is less attention paid to fundamental credit assessment," said Wall. He drew
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?