Dealers have agreed to draw up a standard model to calculate initial margin under the incoming collateralisation regime for uncleared trades – but the long-running fight over the new rules is not over, banks vow. The plans are detailed in an International Swaps and Derivatives Association memo, dated June 17.
The decision, taken at a meeting on June 5, was not an easy one. Isda has been sharply critical of the margin rules since they were proposed in July 2012 by the Working Group on Margining
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights