It’s no secret that the low-volatility environment has made it tough for equities market-makers to maintain profitability, with some firms such as Goldman Sachs and Timber Hill deciding to exit from parts of the US equity options market.
Citadel Securities instead decided to use the trading downturn to its advantage, launching a round of hires designed to bolster its compliance abilities and to expand into new products, such as exotic options.
“Volumes haven’t been strong and market conditions
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?