One of the most notable effects of the current regulatory reform is the way in which it is breaching boundaries between different functions in banks. The front office can no longer accurately price over-the-counter derivatives trades without considering capital, clearing and collateral. At the same time, the middle office is being called on to produce risk metrics in real time to meet trading timescales, rather than on a traditional overnight batch schedule.
In addition, margin and collateral
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants