In recent years, Citi has worked hard to expand the reach of its Asian commodity franchise – an effort that has paid off particularly well in hydrocarbons. “In 2009, our platform was really very generic. We were able to look at structuring around commodity pricing, but we didn’t have many commodity experts working for us and so we weren’t able to target the specialised commodity customers in the region. That’s what we wanted to change – and that’s what we have now done,” says Rob Bayley, the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?