Deutsche Bank wins this year’s Freight House of the Year award for supporting the freight derivatives market through a difficult 18 months of very low liquidity. In the forward freight agreement (FFA) market, the bank completed well over 115,000 lots for clients during 2012 – more than any other house – giving it an estimated market share of nearly 15%. This is up approximately 40,000 lots on 2011.
Deutsche Bank’s success in freight derivatives owes much to its presence in the shipping loan
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules