The Pioneer Long/Short European Equity fund successfully took advantage of the huge number of opportunities arising from the dislocation that took place in the markets at the end of 2008. The euro share class returned 16.2% in 2009.
This return, say managers Riccardo Cavo and Andrea Buda, far exceeded the mediocre 1.7% return from its comparable peer group and benchmark HFRI Equity Market Neutral index.
The fund's 2009 return was achieved with a low monthly volatility of 5.1%, less than a fifth
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay