Despite the impressive performance of many quantitative funds, investors still shy away from what they see as black-box strategies. But with the majority of equity trading now done through algorithms, investors need to overcome this fear.
The FRM Equity Alpha Fund, made up primarily of market neutral quantitative hedge fund strategies, is a way to give investors exposure to quant managers within a fund of hedge funds (FoHF) structure.
Portfolio manager Robert Moore, previously an equity
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants