When Liechtenstein-based Salus Alpha Capital opened the Salus Alpha Event Driven fund in February of 2008, the asset manager judged it was the right time for a fund of hedge funds (FoHF) to take advantage of the multitude of corporate developments taking place such as mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs and reverse mergers, restructurings, turnarounds and Chapter 11 and bankruptcy proceedings in the US.
While some may question the timing, particularly as the financial crisis hit only a few
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia