It has been a challenging past 12 months for equity markets in Asia. The European sovereign debt crisis, sluggish growth in developed markets, and a possible hard landing in China have weighed heavily on the market.
As a result, equity derivatives franchises in Asia have also found it difficult to operate with lower market volumes and reduced margins as investors turn away from equities and look to other asset classes such as rates, credit, foreign exchange and commodities.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules