One of the main sources of an insurance company’s volatility exposure comes from with-profit funds with embedded guarantees. Deutsche Bank has been helping insurance clients manage this volatility through reshaping their asset portfolios.
Tom Leake, London-based director of equity structuring at Deutsche Bank, says: “With the guarantee, the insurer has effectively written a put option on the assets backing that guarantee. One of the risk management techniques is to find a portfolio of
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines