Many pension schemes are seeking to de-risk, but healthcare provider General Healthcare Group’s pension scheme undertook an innovative approach that allowed it to improve its funding position and reduce risk at the same time.
Using a dynamic de-risking strategy, the scheme was able to halve its exposures to equities in the space of six months and improve its funding position by more than ten percentage points, decreasing volatility at the same time.
In early 2008, the scheme, which had less than
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?