A transformational restructure of its coal business last year allowed JP Morgan to increase the offerings of its US business, integrate internationally and align itself better with changing market fundamentals, winning it Energy Risk's 2011 US Coal House of the Year award.
JP Morgan has shown continued commitment to the coal market, in spite of exposure to coal trading losses through its European business in the second quarter of 2010. It implemented key structural changes in the aftermath of
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules