Dealers have had to get used to volatility. The past year has seen the Greek debt crisis and its spread to other European nations, causing the euro to tank in May and June. Meanwhile, the May 6 flash crash in the US saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumble nearly 1,000 points in a matter of minutes before rebounding, triggering a surge of trading activity across asset classes and leaving some dealers struggling to keep up.
In this environment, having a risk and electronic trading system that
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules