Consistency between financial and risk management is a vital concern to insurers globally in the run-up to Solvency II. Edinburgh-based actuarial consultancy Barrie & Hibbert offers a resolution to this by providing financial institutions with advanced modelling solutions, and has this year won the category for developing the best economic scenario generator (ESG) – consolidating a position it held in last year’s readers’ poll.
“Our stochastic modelling framework is used in a wide range of
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?