About two years ago, Risk got hold of a confidential survey conducted by a consultant and commissioned by a major investment bank. The study's goal was to identify which dealers were most successful in attracting energy and commodity derivatives business from large hedge fund manager clients.
Not surprisingly, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, the two giants of the commodities business, were consistently listed as primary counterparty by large funds. But there was a more surprising aspect to
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay