Doubling a securitisation book in just two years would challenge the biggest of monoliths in the financial world. But when the underlying exposures range from wind damage in Europe to US industrial accidents and Mexican earthquakes, bundling that risk into a form that is palatable to capital market investors requires innovation, hard work and a deep understanding of investor appetite for specialised risk.
Swiss Re has revolutionised risk transference in the reinsurance industry. Over the past
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules