Europe’s banks are under pressure. Economic and regulatory stresses are forcing them to consider the sale of many of the loan assets on their balance sheets. For insurers this de-leveraging process could provide opportunities to either purchase some of these assets or step into the gap left by the banking industry and begin originating loans themselves.
The level of bank deleveraging is potentially massive. The International Monetary Fund recently predicted that banks will look to trim their
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?