Solvency II’s risk margin has been a bugbear for UK insurers for some time. More recently, the directive’s review has brought to light concerns from continental European firms and lobbyists, too – leading some in the industry to expect changes before the UK leaves the European Union.
“I think it is very likely that we will see change to the risk margin, as a result of the current European process that is under way… What is more uncertain is what that change will be,” says Steven Findlay, head
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia