Fausto Parente, executive director of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa), has described the treatment of sovereign bonds as risk-free assets as "courageous", confirming Eiopa expects to revisit capital charges in its review of Solvency II.
Speaking at the Insurance Risk Europe conference in London on October 6, he said: "We didn't receive any requests [from the European Commission, EC] specifically on the treatment of sovereign risk, but... in general, it is one
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay