The regulatory chief of Germany-based finance group Allianz has welcomed supervisors focusing less on insurers deemed 'too-big-to-fail' and looking increasingly to police risky activities such as liquidity mismatches and high leverage.
Tobias Buecheler, head of regulatory strategy at Allianz, told attendees at the Insurance Risk Europe conference in London on October 6: "Progress has been good, in that we are really starting to focus on maturity transformation, leverage and insurers' securities
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines