A word repeated more than any other at the European Insurance and Occupation Pensions Authority’s (Eiopa) annual conference this year was “convergence”, arguably revealing the lack of it in Solvency II’s implementation so far.
Opening the conference, which took place in Frankfurt on November 18, Gabriel Bernardino, chairman of Eiopa in Frankfurt, said he will make convergence in the implementation of Solvency II his top priority for the next few years, amid concerns that various aspects of the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance