Securitisation specialists and insurers say they are uncertain how US agency mortgage-backed securities will be treated under Solvency II, with requests for clarification from regulators being met with silence.
Insurers, asset managers and bank analysts say they are unclear whether different types of agency bonds will be treated by supervisors as securitisations or corporate bonds after January 1, 2016, when the directive takes effect.
Market participants are calling for regulators to clarify
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay