Operational risk is sometimes called the forgotten risk, but European insurers are waking up to the possibility of modelling it more effectively using loss data built up over the past decade. With regulators providing little guidance on op risk management, however, and insurers following hugely divergent approaches, the industry is struggling to find a framework that suits everyone.
Rules on operational risk modelling are clearly not a priority in Solvency II or for the European Insurance and
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay