Swiss Re accepts that it will be named a global systemically important reinsurer (G-Sii) and will not contest the designation, according to Philippe Brahin, Zurich-based managing director. The reinsurer is in a strong position to meet additional requirements for systemically important firms, he says, in an interview with Risk.net.
Asked if Swiss Re will be contesting designation by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) as a G-Sii, Brahin, who is head of group qualitative risk management, says: "We
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden