Awards 2014: Innovation of the year
Insurers are finding themselves squeezed between two opposing pressures: the desire to invest in illiquid assets to source yield on the one hand, and the need to hold liquid assets to meet growing collateral demands on the other.
This year's award for innovation goes to Nomura for its work on a range of solutions to relieve the tension, culminating in an option-based contingent funding facility that enables a client of the bank to repo assets on pre-defined
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines