Experts say the first international capital requirement for insurers needs to be altered to better reflect firms' asset-liability matching and diversification strategies and expect the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) will make changes during the period in which the new capital level is reported confidentially to national supervisors.
The IAIS finalised the basic capital requirement (BCR) on October 23 during the association's annual conference in Amsterdam. It is
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules