There are "huge differences in the preparedness" for Solvency II among European national supervisors and certain authorities will have to undertake a "fast journey" to be ready for the implementation of the directive in 2016, according to a representative of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa).
Jarl Kure, principal expert at Eiopa, told delegates at Insurance Risk Europe on Tuesday that regulatory convergence across Europe is still a long way away as some
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia