Insurers are underestimating the impact that the prudent person principle in Solvency II will have on their investment activities, particularly in the area of non-traditional investments, according to a leading regulator.
Jan Parner, deputy director-general at Finanstilsynet, the Danish insurance supervisor, and a member of the management board of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa), told delegates at Insurance Risk Europe today that the prudent person principle
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules