UK internal model firms may have to review how they calculate credit risk capital requirements for matching adjustment (MA) portfolios, following a letter published by the local supervisor.
In a Solvency II implementation note dated September 1, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) detailed its view on assessing credit risk for matching adjustment portfolios. "The amount of credit risk capital should not be dictated by the matching adjustment calibration that applies to the calculation of
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?