Insurance groups and national supervisors have criticised global standard-setters for a lack of clarity on the purpose and calibration of proposed international capital requirements.
At the annual conference of trade association Insurance Europe in Malta on June 12, a panel of experts voiced their frustration at the manner in which the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) is developing the basic capital requirement (BCR) for global systemically important insurers (G-Siis)
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility