New Solvency II guidelines confirm that insurers will have to look through to assets held in their employee pension schemes when calculating their Pillar I requirements, increasing the capital burden of the directive for some firms.
On June 2, the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa) released more than 700 pages of guidelines for public consultation. These are designed to help ensure the "common, uniform and consistent application of Union law".
The text on employee
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility